Saturday, January 12, 2008

Oh by the way, that Cuban cigar we lit the other night tasted just like the cigars I remember and I know why we don’t smoke them anymore.

Did you hear about the accidents on I 4 in Polk County, Florida on Wednesday? Someone was doing a controlled burn which got out of control (It is very dry here). The next morning at 4 a.m. the smoke and fog caused a total black out situation. They say people could not even see their feet. Well, you can imagine the rest. Trucks driving along at 70 plus mph enter the smoke and fog (trucks don’t slow down for anything, in fact, I think they look at something like this as exciting) and hit the cars, which have slammed on their brakes because of the fog. Well it’s a domino effect after that. This is about 20 miles from us and we could hear all the sirens, see the helicopters and the smoke. The interstate was closed down for two days, for clean up and repair of the road, so it was a little more crowded on the other highways. We think people drive worse here than when we were in California.
You can read about it at:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-bk-accident01092008,0,7343581.story?coll=orl_tab01_layout

For pictures go to:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/state/orl-pg-carpileup010908,0,1635154.photogallery?coll=orl_tab01_layout

No comments: