Tuesday, February 26, 2008


Our friend Susan has a side business where she embroiders things on shirts, jackets, etc. Susan had a picture of our coach and embroidered OUR coach on jackets for us.
The saying says “HOME IS WHERE WE PARK IT”. What a great theme for us and so appropriate.


Here we are with our coach at a lot just outside the North Trails RV dealer in Fort Myers. We went there to have some work done on our coach and we stayed two nights in that lot. “HOME IS WHERE WE PARK IT”.


We finally made it to Disney last Thursday. Our friends, Bonnie & Bennie, who work at Disney, took us. PICTURE from left to right is Bennie, Fred, Bonnie, Jean (in pink), Susan, Pete and Ralph. We had our own private tour because Bennie drives a safari truck and Bonnie works in the Pangani Forest. They both know so much about the animals it made for a great learning experience for us all.

Saturday we took a bus tour to Tampa Downs Horse races. If I never go to another horse race that would be OK. It isn’t that I don’t like them, I do. I just have no idea how to bet. Should I bet on the horse, the jockey, the trainer, the type of track, their last several races and how they did???????? What would you bet on? Pete did a little better than I did. He picked two horses that both were a 12 to 1 shot and they both won. Oh well, I won 2nd place at Texas Hold Em on Friday night so I guess that was enough wins for me.

When we had the coach into Fort Meyers we drove the car to Sanibel Island. Our first thought was how crowded this narrow island is but the second thought was no wonder it is crowded – it is so beautiful. Just like the South Pacific. We took a little while and had our first beach time. I, of course, like the sun. Pete likes the shade. What a nice place it is. Next time we go we will take our bicycles and tour the island that way.

What do you think of this picture?
We saw this along the freeway near an Air Stream dealer. I guess they didn't know what to do with the old trailers and thought this would be interesting. I guess it is because I took a picture of it.

No comments: