Happy 1st
day of Spring!!! Mn is having wintery weather right now and we especially liked a picture Tim sent us this morning about spring. Hope you do too.
I had a wonderful
time in Minnesota from February 15th through March 1st. Our newest granddaughter, Bricelyn, was a joy
to see and hold. We are so blessed to
have such a healthy, lovely and loved grandchild.
A joint birthday
party was held for Sophia (4 years old) and Aubrey (2 years old) at the
Maplewood Fire Station where Tim works.
It was a beautiful party with lots of food, kids and gifts for the
girls. It was so much fun to see
everyone and enjoy a relaxing afternoon.
After the party Corri (our 22 year old granddaughter) and I went to a
movie. It was great to be able to spend
time with Corri. I know she has a busy
life. She is a beautiful woman.
I spent the next two
weeks helping Tim & Laura (although I think I did not help as much as I
just enjoyed spending time with Tim & Laura, Sophia, Aubrey and, of course,
Bricelyn). I did take time out to see
friends and attend Megan’s Open House. She bought a town home in Oakdale.
I returned to a busy
schedule. 1. We attended “The Strawberry
Festival” in Plant City, Florida. They
are famous for their strawberries. There are vendors, rides and of course
strawberries. We like to go to a church
booth where they give you a bowl and a biscuit and you put on as much
strawberries and whipping cream as you like.
2. We saw a “Harlem Globe Trotters” game where one of our fellow owners
in our park, Bob Williams who was the first Black player to play for the NBA's Minneapolis Lakers (1955-57) was honored. He also played for the Globetrotters. It was a lot of fun
to be there with him. 3. We took our friends Dennis, Julie and Brent into Disney. 4. We attended a huge “Fish Fry” in our
park. A few years ago several people in
our park fried up some catfish. The word
got around about how good it was and now it has turned into a potluck along
with catfish, tilapia and chicken. They
sold 350 tickets at $10.00 each. What a
success this has become. 5. We took a
road trip to Siesta Key (on the gulf side of Florida). We met Lill, Ross and Andy and had a great
day at the beach. 6. We drove to Fort
Myers where we spent a few relaxing days with our friends Dick and Louise. We learned how to play Bocce Ball which we
had never played before. 7. We checked out a casino at Immokalee, Florida
but they were not giving away any money.
8. We met Lill and Ross again in Fort Myers and attended a Twins Spring Training Game but it was ugly. Our pitching needs a lot of work. 8. We finally got a Texas Hold Em game with
our friends from Arkansas. Whoppee – I
won first place and Pete came in second.
That does not happened very often.
9. Celebrated St. Patrick’s Day by attended a Corned Beef and Cabbage
dinner at our church (we became Associate Members in January). It was made by our Pastor.
We skyped with Dan,
Ana, Helena and Julia a few days ago. We
had sent Julia a package for her birthday (she will be 10 on March 20th)
a while ago. She probably looked at it
every day and wondered when she could open it. I had a feeling when they called that Julia
might want to open her present early. So
it was great for us to see her open it, try on her shirt and look at her
magazine. She is into a new boy band
called One Direction and she liked her One Direction things we sent. We also talked with Helena who smiled a great
big smile for us showing us her pearly white teeth with no braces. We are so excited about them all coming again
in August this year.
We
are now at Jetty Park (1 ½ hours from our park) by Coco Beach on the Atlantic
side of Florida. We spent time on the
beach yesterday where it was warm and sunny.






No comments:
Post a Comment