Nine months have gone
by since I have written on this blog.
WOW!!!
I am going to
dedicate this blog to my Aunt Phyllis who will be having her birthday tomorrow
on 9-22-14. I don’t think she will mind
my telling her age because she is probably the only one who reads this
blog. She is 89 years young.
When I wrote the last
blog I had no idea that one week later our lives would change completely. I had
no idea that the RV life style we have been living for the past 10 plus years
would be coming to an end.
We went out LOOKING at park models and low and behold we found one we liked. We asked the man how soon it could be put in and the answer was as if God himself directed us to this place. They could have it installed and all completed in two weeks. That worked for us because we were leaving Florida in three weeks. We also decided to put up a port that would cover our patio on the golf course side and run down the side of the park model. That would give us shade and protection from the rain and golf balls. This also could be done before we left Florida.
On the day the park
model was completed we started moving all our things out of our motorhome and into
the park model. Of course our belongings
were just carried into the park model and placed where ever we could place
them. No organization at all. We were
then able to take the empty, clean (I am fussy about that) motorhome to a consignment
dealer here in Florida to sell it for us.
So the third day
after that we left Florida in our Jeep.
What a totally different way for us to travel. The Jeep was a little better on gas and we
had to rent hotel rooms now. We found
out that we liked that way of traveling also.
We had a wonderful summer spent with our Tim & Laura and our MN granddaughters (Corri 23, Sophia 5, Aubrey 3 and Bricelyn 1) and the month of August we were lucky enough to have Dan, Ana, Helena (16) and Julia (11) in MN. We planned and had a beautiful Anniversary Dinner at the Lowell Inn in Stillwater. Our 50th Anniversary is February 6, 2015. We were trying to work out something we could all do at that time of the year but with work schedules, school schedules, etc. this seemed the best option when we were all together. We also had picnics with the Molin families, and the Linder families and a lot of time to just visit.
Towards the end of May we did manage a 3 week, 5000 mile trip to Utah where we enjoyed all the National Parks, Las Vegas where we participated in a fun bowling tournament, Disney Land where we enjoyed seeing the park again after 30+ years, and New Mexico where we visited friends who own a resort North of Taos. That trip we thoroughly enjoyed because we took our time and saw a lot
.
We had to stick
around MN for my 50th Class Reunion on the 5th of
September and then off we went to FL. We
were excited to get here to get everything cleaned up (we had some patching and
painting done on the inside of the park model during the summer) and
organized. The trouble is we were in
such a hurry to get here we really did not enjoy the ride here. So in spring when we go back the trip will be
totally different.
We arrived in FL the
11th of September and in 9 days managed to clean every inch of the
inside (walls, windows, blinds, cupboards, even shined the wood floors),
totally cleaned out the shed, the golf cart, the VW we keep down here, trimmed
all the landscaping and cleaned the patio and driveway. We bought a new table
and chairs and a grill for the patio. So
you can see we have been busy and are ready to relax and enjoy. It is warm here and there are love bugs
(black bugs that fly two together). They don’t bite but they are a pest. Soon they will be gone and then we should be
bug free all winter.
That’s it Aunt
Phyllis. I guess you knew about some of
this from our visit but hopefully we have enlightened you with some more. I wish I could promise to write every two
weeks but I can’t. I will promise to do a better job than not writing for 6
months. Hope all is well. We love you! Mary Lou & Pete
No comments:
Post a Comment