Monday, February 11, 2008

We love our new lot. We have a view of the golf course instead of looking at coaches and big ports for coaches to park in. It is quiet and we can even hear the birds singing instead of listening to the four dogs bark that were next to us. The people in this section are very friendly and more down to earth than some from the other area we were in. We believe we made a good choice.


I told you I have been taking line dancing lessons and having a lot of fun doing it. I take a few line dancing lessons and I go out and buy a pair of cowboy boots.
I guess they can double as motorcycle boots. But I don’t think I can EVER get used to wearing them with shorts, as some people do who take the lessons.


What a thrill we had last Thursday the 7th of February. We went and watched the launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis at Kennedy Space Center. ”. It was spectacular and pretty emotional . It originally was scheduled to launch on December 6th but has been delayed all this time. picture of the launch. There was only a 30% chance that the launch would go so we feel very privileged that it did and that we saw it. There were 7 astronauts aboard and they are delivering a 2 billion dollar European Space Agency's Columbus laboratory to the space station. One of the astronauts will exchange places with another one who has been at the space station since October and was supposed to trade places in December. It must sound fairly odd to your wife when you say “Dear, I’m sorry but I am delayed in space. My ride didn’t show up”. Normally we don’t hear much about the Space Center but we did learn some about it and even saw them putting together parts which will be sent up in future launches. It sure did spark my interest to learn more about the space program. They say they are going to have another person on the moon by 2020.

No comments: